Old Book: T. K. Abbott

  • james_snapp_jr
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 16, 2009
      The Old Latin "e," Codex Palatinus, a fragmentary copy of the Gospels from the 300's or 400's, is housed at Vienna. At least, most of its known-to-exist parts are there. But one leaf is at Dublin. It contains Matthew 13:13-23.

      In 1880, T.K. Abbott included what appear to be color photographs (but perhaps they are color-enhanced lithographs or something like that) of those two pages of OL-e as an appendix to his presentation of the text of the Greek codex Z. In another appendix he provides a fragmentary text from a LXX copy of Isaiah.

      Abbott's book can be found at Google Books via a search for

      Abbott Par palimpsestorum Dublinensium.

      Be sure to page through the first few pages slowly so you don't miss two color photo-like frontispieces.

    • scottfreedlun
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 16, 2009
        Thanks!

        I have a copy of that in DJVU form from Archive.org, but interestingly it does NOT contain the appendix with Codex Palatinus Nor the images of Codex Z for that matter.

        I'm glad you mentioned it, I wonder what else may be missing from other volumes...

        Scott