literal translation of Sinaiticus John 14:26

  • Ramin Javedan
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 18, 2009
      Hi,

      I am new to this group and just had a couple quick questions that I reckon perhaps might not properly belong to the purview of this group but which I hope someone here might be so gracious to assist me with. Just one question for now:

      May I kindly ask someone to give me a literal English translation (even just a rough one) of the first sentence (before the period) in John 14:26 as it appears in the original scribe's hand on the well-known Codex Sinaiticus website's imaged text and transcription, that is before the interlinear correction of the "ca" scribe on the same text. I note that the form and the position of the word for "send" is different but my ignorance does not allow me to go further.

      Many thanks!

      Ray