Re: [textualcriticism] uncial corrections and text types

  • Stephen C. Carlson
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 14, 2005
      At 01:31 PM 2/14/2005 -0600, Jack Kilmon wrote:
      >One of the correctors of Codex Sinaiticus, an Alexandrian text, (corrector
      >A) revised nearly all of the manuscript to conform with the Byzantine text.

      This is consistent with my own stemmatic reseach into John 4, which
      shows 01 (in this part, a Western or perhaps more accurately a mixed
      Western/Neutral text) being corrected toward an early Byzantine text.

      See:

      http://www.hypotyposeis.org/weblog/2003/11/proposed-stemma-for-john-4.html

      Stephen Carlson
      --