Eight New Greek NT Manuscripts Posted

  • Jeff
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 6, 2009
      The Center for the Study of New Testament Manuscripts announces the posting of images of eight previously uncatalogued manuscripts on its website, www.csntm.org. The manuscripts were discovered at the Benaki Museum in Athens in March 2009; the announcement, also posted at the Center's website, is reproduced below.

      --

      Eight Newly Discovered Manuscripts from the Benaki Museum, Athens

      In its Spring 2009 expedition to the Benaki Museum in Athens, CSNTM initially expected to photograph thirty catalogued Greek New Testament manuscripts. In addition to these, however, the Museum yielded eight additional, previously uncatalogued manuscripts (two minuscules, six lectionaries). CSNTM is pleased to post the images of these finds in the "Manuscripts" portion of the website.

      --

      Jeff Hargis
      Field Director
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 6, 2009
        Jeff:

        Are the newly discovered mss noted? I looked briefly at your website but could not find the uncatalogued ones. Do you have the GA numbers so I know which ones they are? If you have that info somewhere I'm going to feel pretty stupid.

        Mitch Larramore
        Augusta, GA

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 6, 2009
          My apologies, Mitch; I could have been a little clearer. On the "Manuscripts" page of the website, scroll down while looking at the list of GA numbers. After the majuscules come the uncatalogued minuscules, several of which begin with an ANA prefix (Albanian National Archives). The Benaki minuscules appear just after them. "Benaki" is mentioned in the "Gregory-Aland Number" column, the "Location" column, and the "Shelf Number" column. There are no GA numbers for them since they have not yet been assigned numbers by INTF.

          Similarly, the uncatalogued lectionaries (Albania and Benaki) appear just before the catalogued lectionaries.

          My apologies for any confusion; I hope this helps.

          Jeff Hargis
          Field Director
          www.csntm.org