codexsinaiticus.org

  • Michael Marlowe
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 6, 2009
      Hi everyone. I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same problems that I'm having at the codexsinaiticus.org website. I can't zoom the MS large enough to read it. I've tried to do it several times in both IE and Firefox running in Windows XP, on a dial-up connection. But the site just doesn't seem to be working right. Also there are no scroll bars, and everything is just chopped off at the right and bottom. Is it just me?

      Michael Marlowe
    • clearbrush
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 6, 2009
        Hi Mike,

        yes, I'm having the same problem.

        Hoping that a few weeks might give them enough of a respite to tweak
        their site.

        George Eller

        --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Marlowe"
        <michael.marlow@...> wrote:

        > Hi everyone. I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same problems
        that I'm having at the codexsinaiticus.org website. I can't zoom the MS
        large enough to read it. I've tried to do it several times in both IE
        and Firefox running in Windows XP, on a dial-up connection. But the site
        just doesn't seem to be working right. Also there are no scroll bars,
        and everything is just chopped off at the right and bottom. Is it just
        me?

        > Michael Marlowe

      • David Robert Palmer
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 8, 2009
          I can zoom just fine, using Windows XP sp3 and Firefox 3.0.11 (the only way to fly.)

          David Robert Palmer

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 11, 2009
            On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 5:28 PM, Michael Marlowe<michael.marlow@...> wrote:

            ... I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same problems that
            > I'm having at the codexsinaiticus.org website. I can't zoom the MS large
            > enough to read it. ... Also there are no scroll bars, and everything is
            > just chopped off at the right and bottom. Is it just me?

            The interface is less than intuitive. To move your view of the MS page
            you drag it with your mouse/trackpad - hence no scroll bars - and to
            zoom you drag the short horizontal bar on the vertical minus-to-plus
            track in the upper left corner up toward the plus sign. Simply
            clicking the plus (as with on-line maps) doesn't do it.

            Also, the site requires that Javascript be enabled, so if you're using
            Firefox's NoScript extension or otherrwise have it turned off you'll
            need to allow it for it to work.

            John

            --
            John McChesney-Young ** Berkeley, California, U.S.A.
            JMcCYoung~at~gmail.com ** http://twitter.com/jmccyoung