Re: [textualcriticism] Help: GNT MSS in Biblioteca Casanatense

  • Jan Krans
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2009
      Tommy,
      Just take a look your own post at your weblog: Ulrich Schmid listed them in the comments. He actually wrote:
      Biblioteca Casanatense
      Ms 165 = GA 395
      Ms 715 = GA 853
      Ms 1298 = GA 1987
      Ms 1395 = GA 1840

      GA 395 (12 th c.) seems to be the most interesting, since it is a palimpsest. 395 to be sure is the "Obertext". What has been written underneath is unknown according to the Kurzgefasste Liste. There is a chance to uncover a new ms, though likely not biblical. But anyway, have a try Tommy!

      Jan Krans

      Tommy Wasserman schreef:

      Dear list,

      I am currently in Rome, but for understandable reasons did not bring my Kurzgefasste Liste. Now a librarian at the Biblioteca Casanatense just a few hundred meters from the SBL conference here (Pontificial Biblical Institute) has agreed to show us some MSS, but the problem is that I don't know what they are supposed to have. She mentioned MS 165, but could not find any other when she browsed the catalogue. Aren't there more? Can someone please check this up as soon as possible, and I would be very grateful (I need to tell the librarian so they can have the MSS ready for us to look at tomorrow).

      Read more about the SBL Int. Meeting on the ETC blog (evangelicaltextual criticism. blogspot. com).

      Tommy Wasserman

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2009
        Thanks Robert and Jan,

        amazing that I already had the information on my own blog before I sent out the question, sorry for that. Apparently Ulrich saw it coming.

        Tommy