Re: Call for collaboration

  • yennifmit
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 11, 2009
      Hi Dan,

      It would be terrific if the CSNTM could do images of those manuscripts! I found this Wikipedia article listing the ones Erasmus used. I'm not sure whether all of them are still in Basel:

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novum_Instrumentum_omne

      Minuscule 1 is among them; to have images of this manuscript available through CSNTM would be an added bonus.

      The Alands (_Text of the New Testament_, 1989, first pages) talk about how Erasmus took these manuscripts, marked them up, and gave them to his friend Froben for printing. Erasmus' hand-written notes can be seen in some of the MSS.

      Best,

      Tim Finney