Re: Septuagint and Christian Scripture

  • mjriii2003
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2005
      Dear Martin,

      I found this interesting quote by Edmund P. Clowney, Authority: The
      Church and the Bible, which I think might interest you. Th op cit
      follows:

      Study of the New Testament continues to show how the convictions of
      the church about Jesus were deepened by inspired reflection on the
      Old Testament. After His resurrection, Jesus opened the minds of His
      disciples to understand the Scriptures. They had the key to the Old
      Testament Scriptures as they testified to the things that Jesus had
      done and said during His earthly ministry. Where the Greek Old
      Testament read, "Sanctify the Lord Himself" (Isa. 8:6ff.), Peter,
      quoting the passage, wrote, "In your hearts set apart Christ as
      Lord" (1 Pet. 3:14-15). The Lord of the Old Testament was now
      revealed as the Lord of the New, Jesus the Christ.

      http://www.the-highway.com/articleDec99.html

      With best regards,

      Malcolm