Add: Pericope Adulterae: new thesis in the web ... and published by Brill

  • tvanlopik
    Message 1 of 7 , May 23, 2009
      And recently published by Brill, Leyden.

      T.

      --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "tvanlopik" <tvanlopik@...> wrote:

      > For your information:
      > Chris Keith's dissertation "Jesus Began to Write: Literacy, the Pericope Adulterae, and the Gospel of John", Edinburgh, 2008 is available from the web:
      > https://www.era.lib.ed.ac.uk/bitstream/1842/2595/4/Keith+C+PhD+thesis+08.pdf
      > Pp. 112-132 on the textcritical items.
      >
      > Teunis van Lopik

    • Ian MacDonald

        Message 3 of 7 , May 24, 2009
          I tried the link several times and ... as far as I can see my pc is not damaged. I do not know another link to the pdf file.
          Teunis van Lopik

          --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, Ian MacDonald <idmacdonaldns@...> wrote:

          > I tried the link but was advised that the site was not to e trusted and
          > could damage my computer. Is there another link available?Ian+
          >
          > On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 2:44 PM, tvanlopik <tvanlopik@...> wrote:
          >

          > > For your information:
          > > Chris Keith's dissertation "Jesus Began to Write: Literacy, the Pericope
          > > Adulterae, and the Gospel of John", Edinburgh, 2008 is available from the
          > > web:
          > >
          > > https://www.era.lib.ed.ac.uk/bitstream/1842/2595/4/Keith+C+PhD+thesis+08.pdf
          > > Pp. 112-132 on the textcritical items.
          > >
          > > Teunis van Lopik

        • Steve Puluka
          Message 4 of 7 , May 24, 2009
            The original URL below is using secure port https and the server at
            this site does not have an independently verified certificate. Thus
            modern browsers will issue warnings or refuse to open the link to
            protect against potential malicious sites. The link application does
            not require the secure connection. Below are links without the
            secure protocol request:

            http://www.era.lib.ed.ac.uk/bitstream/1842/2595/4/Keith+C+PhD+thesis
            +08.pdf

            or

            http://tinyurl.com/qvhpdk

            This is just a preview PDF of the dissertation with some sample pages
            for the chapters and conclusion.

            Steve Puluka
            MA, Theology Duquesne University
            Cantor Holy Ghost Church
            Carpatho-Rusyn tradition
            Mckees Rocks, PA
            http://puluka.com

            On May 24, 2009, at 7:09 AM, tvanlopik wrote:

            > I tried the link several times and ... as far as I can see my pc is
            > not damaged. I do not know another link to the pdf file.
            > Teunis van Lopik
            >
            > --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, Ian MacDonald
            > <idmacdonaldns@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> I tried the link but was advised that the site was not to e
            >> trusted and
            >> could damage my computer. Is there another link available?Ian+
            >>
            >> On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 2:44 PM, tvanlopik <tvanlopik@...> wrote:
            >>

            >>> For your information:
            >>> Chris Keith's dissertation "Jesus Began to Write: Literacy, the
            >>> Pericope
            >>> Adulterae, and the Gospel of John", Edinburgh, 2008 is available
            >>> from the
            >>> web:
            >>>
            >>> https://www.era.lib.ed.ac.uk/bitstream/1842/2595/4/Keith+C+PhD
            >>> +thesis+08.pdf
            >>> Pp. 112-132 on the textcritical items.
            >>>
            >>> Teunis van Lopik
          • tvanlopik
            Message 5 of 7 , May 24, 2009
              Thank you for being convenient.
              This is the description of the pdf of the dissertation:
              http://www.era.lib.ed.ac.uk/handle/1842/2595
              Here is the information on the the monograph as published by Brill:
              http://www.brill.nl/default.aspx?partid=210&pid=32936

              Teunis van Lopik

              --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, Steve Puluka <steve@...> wrote:

              > The original URL below is using secure port https and the server at
              > this site does not have an independently verified certificate. Thus
              > modern browsers will issue warnings or refuse to open the link to
              > protect against potential malicious sites. The link application does
              > not require the secure connection. Below are links without the
              > secure protocol request:
              >
              > http://www.era.lib.ed.ac.uk/bitstream/1842/2595/4/Keith+C+PhD+thesis
              > +08.pdf
              >
              > or
              >
              > http://tinyurl.com/qvhpdk
              >
              > This is just a preview PDF of the dissertation with some sample pages
              > for the chapters and conclusion.
              >
              > Steve Puluka
              > MA, Theology Duquesne University
              > Cantor Holy Ghost Church
              > Carpatho-Rusyn tradition
              > Mckees Rocks, PA
              > http://puluka.com
              >
              > On May 24, 2009, at 7:09 AM, tvanlopik wrote:
              >
              > > I tried the link several times and ... as far as I can see my pc is
              > > not damaged. I do not know another link to the pdf file.
              > > Teunis van Lopik
              > >
              > > --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, Ian MacDonald
              > > <idmacdonaldns@> wrote:
              > >>
              > >> I tried the link but was advised that the site was not to e
              > >> trusted and
              > >> could damage my computer. Is there another link available?Ian+

            • Peter M. Head
              Message 6 of 7 , May 25, 2009
                It looks like the only difference is the title:

                PhD: Jesus Began to Write: Literacy, the Pericope
                Adulterae, and the Gospel of John (2008)

                Introduction: The Most Popular Story in the Gospels
                Chapter One: A History of Research on John 8.6, 8
                Chapter Two: Speaking of Writing: katagra,fw and
                gra,fw in Hellenistic, Jewish, and New Testament Contexts
                Chapter Three: Writing and Gradations of Literacy
                Chapter Four: Scribal Literacy in the New
                Testament World: The Scribes (and Pharisees) as Text-Brokers
                Chapter Five: The Pericope Adulterae at John 7.53–8.11: The Location
                Chapter Six: The Pericope Adulterae at John
                7.53–8.11: The Preceding Context of John 7
                Chapter Seven: The Pericope Adulterae at John 7.53–8.11: The Narrative
                Chapter Eight: The Pericope Adulterae at John
                7.53–8.11: The (Divine) Grapho- Literacy of Jesus
                Chapter Nine: The Historical Context for the
                Insertion of the Pericope Adulterae into the Gospel of John: A Proposal
                Conclusion: Summary of Chapters and Directions for Future Research
                Bibliography

                Brill Book: The Pericope Adulterae, the Gospel of
                John, and the Literacy of Jesus (2009)
                Introduction: The Most Popular Story in the Gospels
                Chapter One: A History of Research on John 8.6, 8
                Chapter Two: Speaking of Writing: and in
                Hellenistic, Jewish, and New Testament Contexts
                Chapter Three: Writing and Gradations of Literacy
                Chapter Four: Scribal Literacy in the New
                Testament World: The Scribes (and Pharisees) as Text-Brokers
                Chapter Five: The Pericope Adulterae at John 7.53–8.11: The Location
                Chapter Six: The Pericope Adulterae at John
                7.53–8.11: The Preceding Context of John 7
                Chapter Seven: The Pericope Adulterae at John 7.53–8.11: The Narrative
                Chapter Eight: The Pericope Adulterae at John
                7.53–8.11: The (Divine) Grapho-Literacy of Jesus
                Chapter Nine: The Historical Context for the
                Insertion of the Pericope Adulterae into the Gospel of John: A Proposal
                Conclusion: The Pericope Adulterae in the Early Church
                Bibliography

                Peter M. Head, PhD
                Tyndale House
                36 Selwyn Gardens