Pericope Adulterae: new thesis in the web

  • tvanlopik
    Message 1 of 7 , May 23, 2009
      For your information:
      Chris Keith's dissertation "Jesus Began to Write: Literacy, the Pericope Adulterae, and the Gospel of John", Edinburgh, 2008 is available from the web:
      https://www.era.lib.ed.ac.uk/bitstream/1842/2595/4/Keith+C+PhD+thesis+08.pdf
      Pp. 112-132 on the textcritical items.

      Teunis van Lopik
    • tvanlopik
      Message 2 of 7 , May 23, 2009
        And recently published by Brill, Leyden.

        T.

        --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "tvanlopik" <tvanlopik@...> wrote:

        > For your information:
        > Chris Keith's dissertation "Jesus Began to Write: Literacy, the Pericope Adulterae, and the Gospel of John", Edinburgh, 2008 is available from the web:
        > https://www.era.lib.ed.ac.uk/bitstream/1842/2595/4/Keith+C+PhD+thesis+08.pdf
        > Pp. 112-132 on the textcritical items.
        >
        > Teunis van Lopik

      • Ian MacDonald

          Message 4 of 7 , May 24, 2009
            I tried the link several times and ... as far as I can see my pc is not damaged. I do not know another link to the pdf file.
            Teunis van Lopik

            --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, Ian MacDonald <idmacdonaldns@...> wrote:

            > I tried the link but was advised that the site was not to e trusted and
            > could damage my computer. Is there another link available?Ian+
            >
            > On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 2:44 PM, tvanlopik <tvanlopik@...> wrote:
            >

            > > For your information:
            > > Chris Keith's dissertation "Jesus Began to Write: Literacy, the Pericope
            > > Adulterae, and the Gospel of John", Edinburgh, 2008 is available from the
            > > web:
            > >
            > > https://www.era.lib.ed.ac.uk/bitstream/1842/2595/4/Keith+C+PhD+thesis+08.pdf
            > > Pp. 112-132 on the textcritical items.
            > >
            > > Teunis van Lopik

          • Steve Puluka
            Message 5 of 7 , May 24, 2009
              The original URL below is using secure port https and the server at
              this site does not have an independently verified certificate. Thus
              modern browsers will issue warnings or refuse to open the link to
              protect against potential malicious sites. The link application does
              not require the secure connection. Below are links without the
              secure protocol request:

              http://www.era.lib.ed.ac.uk/bitstream/1842/2595/4/Keith+C+PhD+thesis
              +08.pdf

              or

              http://tinyurl.com/qvhpdk

              This is just a preview PDF of the dissertation with some sample pages
              for the chapters and conclusion.

              Steve Puluka
              MA, Theology Duquesne University
              Cantor Holy Ghost Church
              Carpatho-Rusyn tradition
              Mckees Rocks, PA
              http://puluka.com

              On May 24, 2009, at 7:09 AM, tvanlopik wrote:

              > I tried the link several times and ... as far as I can see my pc is
              > not damaged. I do not know another link to the pdf file.
              > Teunis van Lopik
              >
              > --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, Ian MacDonald
              > <idmacdonaldns@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> I tried the link but was advised that the site was not to e
              >> trusted and
              >> could damage my computer. Is there another link available?Ian+
              >>
              >> On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 2:44 PM, tvanlopik <tvanlopik@...> wrote:
              >>

              >>> For your information:
              >>> Chris Keith's dissertation "Jesus Began to Write: Literacy, the
              >>> Pericope
              >>> Adulterae, and the Gospel of John", Edinburgh, 2008 is available
              >>> from the
              >>> web:
              >>>
              >>> https://www.era.lib.ed.ac.uk/bitstream/1842/2595/4/Keith+C+PhD
              >>> +thesis+08.pdf
              >>> Pp. 112-132 on the textcritical items.
              >>>
              >>> Teunis van Lopik
            • tvanlopik
              Message 6 of 7 , May 24, 2009
                Thank you for being convenient.
                This is the description of the pdf of the dissertation:
                http://www.era.lib.ed.ac.uk/handle/1842/2595
                Here is the information on the the monograph as published by Brill:
                http://www.brill.nl/default.aspx?partid=210&pid=32936

                Teunis van Lopik

                --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, Steve Puluka <steve@...> wrote:

                > The original URL below is using secure port https and the server at
                > this site does not have an independently verified certificate. Thus
                > modern browsers will issue warnings or refuse to open the link to
                > protect against potential malicious sites. The link application does
                > not require the secure connection. Below are links without the
                > secure protocol request:
                >
                > http://www.era.lib.ed.ac.uk/bitstream/1842/2595/4/Keith+C+PhD+thesis
                > +08.pdf
                >
                > or
                >
                > http://tinyurl.com/qvhpdk
                >
                > This is just a preview PDF of the dissertation with some sample pages
                > for the chapters and conclusion.
                >
                > Steve Puluka
                > MA, Theology Duquesne University
                > Cantor Holy Ghost Church
                > Carpatho-Rusyn tradition
                > Mckees Rocks, PA
                > http://puluka.com
                >
                > On May 24, 2009, at 7:09 AM, tvanlopik wrote:
                >
                > > I tried the link several times and ... as far as I can see my pc is
                > > not damaged. I do not know another link to the pdf file.
                > > Teunis van Lopik
                > >
                > > --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, Ian MacDonald
                > > <idmacdonaldns@> wrote:
                > >>
                > >> I tried the link but was advised that the site was not to e
                > >> trusted and
                > >> could damage my computer. Is there another link available?Ian+

              • Peter M. Head
                Message 7 of 7 , May 25, 2009
                  It looks like the only difference is the title:

                  PhD: Jesus Began to Write: Literacy, the Pericope
                  Adulterae, and the Gospel of John (2008)

                  Introduction: The Most Popular Story in the Gospels
                  Chapter One: A History of Research on John 8.6, 8
                  Chapter Two: Speaking of Writing: katagra,fw and
                  gra,fw in Hellenistic, Jewish, and New Testament Contexts
                  Chapter Three: Writing and Gradations of Literacy
                  Chapter Four: Scribal Literacy in the New
                  Testament World: The Scribes (and Pharisees) as Text-Brokers
                  Chapter Five: The Pericope Adulterae at John 7.53–8.11: The Location
                  Chapter Six: The Pericope Adulterae at John
                  7.53–8.11: The Preceding Context of John 7
                  Chapter Seven: The Pericope Adulterae at John 7.53–8.11: The Narrative
                  Chapter Eight: The Pericope Adulterae at John
                  7.53–8.11: The (Divine) Grapho- Literacy of Jesus
                  Chapter Nine: The Historical Context for the
                  Insertion of the Pericope Adulterae into the Gospel of John: A Proposal
                  Conclusion: Summary of Chapters and Directions for Future Research
                  Bibliography

                  Brill Book: The Pericope Adulterae, the Gospel of
                  John, and the Literacy of Jesus (2009)
                  Introduction: The Most Popular Story in the Gospels
                  Chapter One: A History of Research on John 8.6, 8
                  Chapter Two: Speaking of Writing: and in
                  Hellenistic, Jewish, and New Testament Contexts
                  Chapter Three: Writing and Gradations of Literacy
                  Chapter Four: Scribal Literacy in the New
                  Testament World: The Scribes (and Pharisees) as Text-Brokers
                  Chapter Five: The Pericope Adulterae at John 7.53–8.11: The Location
                  Chapter Six: The Pericope Adulterae at John
                  7.53–8.11: The Preceding Context of John 7
                  Chapter Seven: The Pericope Adulterae at John 7.53–8.11: The Narrative
                  Chapter Eight: The Pericope Adulterae at John
                  7.53–8.11: The (Divine) Grapho-Literacy of Jesus
                  Chapter Nine: The Historical Context for the
                  Insertion of the Pericope Adulterae into the Gospel of John: A Proposal
                  Conclusion: The Pericope Adulterae in the Early Church
                  Bibliography

                  Peter M. Head, PhD
                  Tyndale House
                  36 Selwyn Gardens