Details

  • Daniel
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 16, 2009
      Eddie Mishoe wrote:
      >> I am looking for second or third century papyri in which lectional aids are apparent, such as accents, breathing marks, and a few word separations. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm only looking for documents BEFORE 400 AD.<<

      If you want only II or III century papyri, you should confine your search to before 301 AD.

      Mitch Larramore asked:
      <<Can anyone confirm the following memorization feat by Samuel Tregelles?
      "during each visit to read the Vaticanus, Tregelles memorized large portions of it, beginning in Genesis all the way to Revelation, in Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek."

      There isn't much of anything to memorize from Vaticanus other than Greek. I don't know of a single biblical mss that contains all three of these languages in the text, but I do have an interlinear Bible that does.