Re: 70,000 significant variants and the NA text

  • kanakawatut
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 12, 2009
      I have Tommy Wasserman's complete collation of all Greek manuscripts of the epistle of Jude, and it shows a little less than 1,300 variants in the 25 verses of Jude.

      That comes to at least 51 variants per verse.

      If extrapolated to the 7,950 verses of the entire Greek New Testament, that comes to 405,450 variants.

      This I am sure is not exact, but it gives one a good estimate to start with.

      I think it is safe to say there are at least 200,000 variants in the Greek New Testament.

      David Robert Palmer