Re: [textualcriticism] + Reuben J Swanson

  • ron minton
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 24, 2009
      What a great contribution and effort Reuben J. Swanson made to textual studies.  Many of us have relied on his work.  He will be missed - may God raise up others like him.
      Ron Minton - Ukraine

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 24, 2009
        I've often wondered what the world would be like if everyone had half the discipline of Dr. Swanson. This is just a personal thank you to his family (you there cinciigirl?). I am sure you are all very proud of his accomplishments, his humility, and the gentleman that we was. I can still see that picture of him in is study with piles of papers all around. If anyone has that image, please send it my way.

        I will consider it an honor to meet Dr. Swanson one day. Even so, come Lord Jesus.

        Mitch Larramore
        Sugar Land, Texas

        ---

        EDIT (Wie): The image is here:
        Swanson Errata list

        From: ron minton <ronminton@...>
        Subject: Re: [textualcriticism] + Reuben J Swanson
        To: textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 2:25 AM

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 24, 2009
          Tommy Wasserman on the TC blog notes the following little
          film with R. Swanson talking here:

          http://mefeedia.com/entry/life-of-reuben-j-swanson/15237678
          (the film starts at 0:50)

          mailto:wie@...