+ Reuben J Swanson

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 24 12:09 AM
      From: David Gill [mailto:DGILL6@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 5:12 AM
      To: wie@...
      Subject: Reuben J Swanson

      Dear Mr. Willker,

      I am writing to let you know that my grandfather, Reuben J. Swanson died.
      His visitation will be on Thursday, March 26th at 6 pm at
      Holy Cross Lutheran Church
      5071 Winton Rd
      Fairfield, OH 45014

      Sincerely,
      Jessica Gill
    • ron minton
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 24 12:25 AM
        What a great contribution and effort Reuben J. Swanson made to textual studies.  Many of us have relied on his work.  He will be missed - may God raise up others like him.
        Ron Minton - Ukraine

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 24 3:17 AM
          I've often wondered what the world would be like if everyone had half the discipline of Dr. Swanson. This is just a personal thank you to his family (you there cinciigirl?). I am sure you are all very proud of his accomplishments, his humility, and the gentleman that we was. I can still see that picture of him in is study with piles of papers all around. If anyone has that image, please send it my way.

          I will consider it an honor to meet Dr. Swanson one day. Even so, come Lord Jesus.

          Mitch Larramore
          Sugar Land, Texas

          ---

          EDIT (Wie): The image is here:
          Swanson Errata list

          From: ron minton <ronminton@...>
          Subject: Re: [textualcriticism] + Reuben J Swanson
          To: textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 2:25 AM

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 24 2:10 PM
            Tommy Wasserman on the TC blog notes the following little
            film with R. Swanson talking here:

            http://mefeedia.com/entry/life-of-reuben-j-swanson/15237678
            (the film starts at 0:50)

            mailto:wie@...