P. Merton 51

  • yennifmit
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2009
      Hi All,

      I've been asked whether anyone here has access or a link to a
      facsimile or image of P. Merton 51. Any leads appreciated.

      Best,

      Tim Finney
    • Scott Charlesworth
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 6, 2009
        There are photographs of P.Mert. 2.51 (Chester Beatty Library, Dublin Castle, CBL MP 51) in the ed. pr. B.R. Rees, H.I. Bell, and J.W.B. Barns, P.Mert. 2 (1959) 1-4 and pl. 1 (= the second volume of the Merton papyri).

        I think there are also images in D. L├╝hrmann with E. Schlarb, Fragmente apokryph gewordener Evangelien in griechischer und lateinischer Sprache (MThSt 59; Marburg: Elwert, 2000) 155-7; and in A.E. Bernhard, Other early Christian gospels: a critical edition of the surviving Greek manuscripts (London: T. & T. Clark, 2006) 99, 106-7.

        If digital images are needed, contact the Chester Beatty Library via their website.

        Scott