Re: [textualcriticism] Re: Jo 1:34 in P75

  • George F Somsel
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 3, 2008
      It can happen that letters from the other side will "bleed through", but in this case I find that doubtful since it doesn't account for the extra space which seems to have been left once the longer writing had been erased.

      george
      gfsomsel

      … search for truth, hear truth,
      defend the truth till death.

      - Jan Hus
      _________

      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 3, 2008
        Arie wrote:
        > Is it possible that we see traces of signs belonging to the other side
        > of the page? There is an erasion and a papyrus then becomes thin.

        I thought about that, too, and consulted the verso.
        But there is nothing conspicuous.

        Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany
        mailto:wie@...
        http://www.uni-bremen.de/~wie/TCG/