Re: Jo 1:34 in P75

  • Arie Dirkzwager
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 3, 2008
      Dear all,

      Is it possible that we see traces of signs belonging to the other side
      of the page? There is an erasion and a papyrus then becomes thin.

      Arie

      Dr. A. Dirkzwager
      Hoeselt, Belgium
    • George F Somsel
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 3, 2008
        It can happen that letters from the other side will "bleed through", but in this case I find that doubtful since it doesn't account for the extra space which seems to have been left once the longer writing had been erased.

        george
        gfsomsel

        … search for truth, hear truth,
        defend the truth till death.

        - Jan Hus
        _________

        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 3, 2008
          Arie wrote:
          > Is it possible that we see traces of signs belonging to the other side
          > of the page? There is an erasion and a papyrus then becomes thin.

          I thought about that, too, and consulted the verso.
          But there is nothing conspicuous.

          Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany
          mailto:wie@...
          http://www.uni-bremen.de/~wie/TCG/