Re: New Swanson-format table of John 7:53 - 8:11

  • kanakawatut
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 18, 2008
      Dr. Leslie McFall has been kind enough to proof-read my document, and
      has pointed out the following (highlights):

      1) that Dr. Swanson had sent out a notice that ms. 1346 was supposed
      to be 346, so I have corrected 1346 to 346 in the table.

      2.) In John 8:2, E K 2 Omega all read KAQHSAS not KAQISAS.

      3.) In John 8:9, Ecorr. does not omit the KAI in "KAI hH GUNH." This
      must have been some other MS. And there is no E correction there.

      4.) In 8:9, Dr. McFall states that Codex E actually reads, with space
      and inflection hEIS KAQ' hEIS.

      5.) In my proposed Swanson errata list, I stated that Swanson does not
      give Cod. E reading at all in one place, but McFall pointed out that
      it is included in the Gothic M reading.

      David Robert Palmer
      Nov. 17, 1:00 am PST