FW: new publication

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 18, 2008
      Nachricht

      -----Original Message-----
      From: The papyrological bulletin 'PAPY@...' [mailto:PAPY@...] On Behalf Of Roger Bagnall
      Sent: Saturday, October 18, 2008 3:30 AM
      To: PAPY@...
      Subject: [PAPY] new publication

      I am happy to announce that the electronic version of Women's Letters from Ancient Egypt, 300 BC - AD 800, by Roger Bagnall and Raffaella Cribiore, with contributions by Evie Ahtaridis, has finally appeared as part of the Humanities E-book Project of the American Council of Learned Societies.

      For the coming month, it will be available free of charge at http://quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=acls;idno=heb90014.
      After a month, it will be moved "inside the wall" and be available only to those with institutional licenses for HEB. As quite a bit of other material on ancient history is available in HEB, those whose institutions do not currently have subscriptions to this resource might want to suggest it to their libraries.

      The electronic version of the book has digital images wherever these were available to us, as well as links to texts in the Duke Databank of Documentary Papyri (and images of texts for the Demotic and Coptic texts). Because final corrections were done befor the Papyrological Navigator became available, the links are at present to the Perseus version of the DDbDP. This will be changed in a later release. The electronic version also contains quite a few letters not included in the print version, and a much more extensive version of the introduction to the volume.

      Roger Bagnall

    • Eddie Mishoe
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 18, 2008
        I went to the page but couldn't see where to download it for Free this month?

        Can anyone help?

        Eddie Mishoe
        Pastor

        [I think it's only online to read. --Wie]

        http://mail.yahoo.com