Re: Apologetically Difficult Passages

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 6, 2008
      Please concentrate on the *textcritical issues* of these
      passages!

      Passages without variants are off-topic.

      mailto:wie@...
      http://www.uni-bremen.de/~wie
      Textcritical Commentary:
    • Eddie Mishoe
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 6, 2008
        Daniel:

        Try www.csntm.org then goto Manuscripts.

        Dr. Williker: I occasionally do not word my questions properly but ALL my questions are intended to avoid theological discussions and to address issues that relate to TC issues. For example, the Elhanan killing Goliath is a TC question by virtue of the fact that no existing ms clears up the contradiction, not one!!

        And to some extend a contradiction to me means there is no existing manuscript that has a reading that avoids the contradiction. So, my apologies to you and the members if my original question did not explicitly state that I did not want to get into theological disputes, but disputes that relate to extant readings. I've made this mistake a few times on B-Greek before I learned how to word my questions a little better. Every once and a while I write without the added precaution.

        Dr. Snapp, once again, thank you for your thoughtful answer. I always enjoy reading posts that make me dig deep into my resources.

        Eddie Mishoe
        Pastor - ret.

      • Daniel
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 28, 2008
          "Daniel" <bucksburg@...> wrote:
          >> In Matthew 27:9-10, a quote attributed to "Jeremias the Prophet" is
          actually found in Zechariah 11:12-13. <<

          I forgot to mention the several mss that don't have Ieremiou at this
          variant.

          omit [i.e, just 'the prophet']: F, 33, 157, pc, a, b, Sy-S, Sy-P, bo[ms]
          Zacariou 22, Sy-H[mg]
          Ihsaiou 21, l

          Interestingly, almost the same thing has happened here as at Mark 1:2,
          but with even more variation.