Re: Another Case of Tritography - or Not

  • James Snapp, Jr.
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 23, 2008
      Wieland,

      WW: [JS: "There's another case of tritography in the Old Latin MS g.
      Luke 9:1 is written three times."] "Really?"

      No, not really. My statement was based on a text-file of Eberhard
      Nestle's Intro to NTTC, in his comment on Luke 9:1. (I'm slowly
      reformatting it as a MS Word file.) Somehow when the text-file was
      scanned/created, the Xi-character was replaced with the English
      letter "g," with the result that the sentence ran, "This verse is
      written three times over in codex g." But upon checking a directly-
      printed page (page 272), I see that Eb. Nestle referred to Codex Xi,
      not to Old Latin Codex g.