Re: How many times is the 'D' category is used in NA27? (Answer=9)

  • hglogowski
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 16, 2008
      Thank you Wieland + Ron for your very prompt replies.

      I followed up Wieland's reference and then a "chain" which led me to
      Kent D Clarke's summary article 'Textual Certainty in UBS' Greek NT',
      Nov.Test.,44:2, Apr.2002,p.105, which has a summary table (p.113),
      much like Ron's but easier to read! This table lists the number of
      ABCD's in each book by each edition of UBS4.

      A=514, B=541, C=367 + D=9

      These numbers are slightly different from those in Ron's email:
      A=513, B=539, C=366 + D=9 (also for UBS4), so I'm slightly puzzled but
      my question is answered.

      Once again many thanks,
      Henryk Glogowski
      Bristol, UK
    • H Glogowski
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 22, 2008
        In his article ('Textual Certainty in UBS' Greek NT', Nov.Test.,44:2,
        Apr.2002) Kent D Clarke gave the following figures: A=514, B=541,
        C=367 + D=9

        These differed from those in Ron's email: A=513, B=539, C=366 + D=9.

        Reading thru' KDC's footnotes (n12,p109-110 in particular) I
        discovered that he points out the figures 'are in small discord with
        the [UBS's] figures.' Clarke puts this down to the UBS counting
        'passages' rather than 'individual letter-rated variants' which he
        counted.

        So that's all the i's crossed and t's dotted (sic)!

        Henryk
        Bristol, UK