Re: [textualcriticism] Re: The Aleppo Codex online

  • Frank Polak
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 27, 2008
      Dear Richard and all,
      This site still works excellently. From a methodological point of
      view, however,
      the facsimile can be misleading when small details are at stake (such
      as the
      difference between yod and maqqeph), for tiny strokes can be too small
      to be reflected (I am speaking form experience at the Hebrew
      University Bible
      Project). The ultimate tool is not the facsimile, but a black and
      white Infrared (such as used by Israel Yeivin
      for HUBP).
      Best regards,
      Frank Polak