For starters....Textual Criticism beginnings

  • Wilson Hines
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 2008
      Hi all,
      I have been receiving post into my inbox for a few years and I don't
      think I have posted or responded but once or twice. Sometimes I have
      sat by the wayside and watched, while other times I had my mind on
      other "things" all together.

      At this time, I am very much wanting to dig deep into TC. I want to
      learn it from the beginning. I have a few "basic" volumes in my
      library that I have found to be helpful and they are ones I feel sure
      you would be recommending to me, immediately. It would probably be
      wise to read all of them again and at least two of them for the first
      time.

      You can view an abbreviated list of my library here:
      http://books.google.com/books?uid=10141895783103581727&output=rss
      I just recently found out that Google has their own library tool and
      it is fantastic. So, I have added only the things that matter to this
      discussion, at this time. But, they are the names and titles that
      matter: Aland, Nestle, Schaff, Metzger, Westcott & Hort, etc. If you
      can't see the listing on that link, let me know and I will type'em out :)

      I would like to hear from a few of you on how to go about picking up a
      good education on TC when you can't be in the class room taking in
      lectures and in the field looking at MSS.

      My only reason is "desire." That is it. I love this stuff!

      Thanks again and I look forward to the discussion,

      Wilson Hines
      http://theoriginallanguages.wordpress.com (New Greek Analysis Blog)
      Twitter: http://twitter.com/wilsonhines
      http://twitter.com/originallang