Re: [textualcriticism] first modern scholar to note the shorter and longer forms of the LP

  • sarban
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 10, 2008

      Sent: Saturday, August 09, 2008 3:13 PM
      Subject: Re: [textualcriticism] first modern scholar to note the shorter and longer forms of the LP

      IMS Heloise Abelard and Bernard of Clairvaux were involved in an
      argument about the differences between the LP in Matthew and Luke
      (according to the Latin text)
      Where may this discussion be found?

      The evidence is a letter of Abelard to Bernard
      Letter 10 in the Collected Letters of Abelard

      and again IMS Erasmus discusses whether the Latin or Greek version
      of the LP in Luke should be preferred.
      Where does he do this?

      I have been unable to confirm this, but I THINK it is in
      Erasmus Annotations on the New Testament the
      section covering the Lord's Prayer in Luke.

      Andrew Criddle
      .