RE: [textualcriticism] RE: I Timothy 1:10

  • Frank Doonan
    Message 1 of 4 , May 26, 2004
      Does anyone know of a good site that deals with Biblical Greek?

      Frank

      Wieland Willker <willker@...-bremen.de> wrote:
      ANDRAPODISTAIS:
      > I would like some help from the Greek Geeks out there for the
      > correct translation.

      The question might be better suited for the bgreek list, but here is
      what BDAG writes on the word:
      ------------
      one who acquires pers. for use by others, slave-dealer, kidnapper 1 Ti
      1:10 (here perh. w. the mng. 'procurer.' Vulg. plagiarius; s. New Docs
      1, 50).
      ------------
      The reference New Docs means: "New Documents Illustrating Early
      Christianity", ed. GHorsley, vols. 1-5 1980/81-89;

      BTW, "keep good relations with the Grecians." (G. W. Bush)
      :-)

      mailto:willker@...-bremen.de

      Do you Yahoo!?

      Message 2 of 4 , May 26, 2004
        > Does anyone know of a good site that deals with Biblical Greek?

        The place to go with questions like the one below is the Bgreek mailing
        list. Have a look at:
        http://www.ibiblio.org/bgreek/index.html

        Some more links are listed on the following page:
        http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/bibel.html#learn

        mailto:willker@...-bremen.de