Manuscript Groupings in the Gospel of John

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18, 2008
      Bruce M. Morrill
      "Manuscript Groupings in the Gospel of John"
      The Text und Texwert analysis of John 1-10 goes a long way to providing the evidence for selecting MSS to be included in the editio maior Iohannes. The matching analysis of all available MSS in Jn 18 brings the whole series to a conclusion. The results are outlined for the first time.

      Reading this SBL announcement, I was reminded of my Principal Component Analysis of the Text und Textwert collations here:

      http://tinyurl.com/6jn2u2

      two results:

      Pair 0141/821
      Is 821 a direct copy?
      Gregory notes on 0141: "compare with X".

      Group X/033:
      033, 865, 213, 799
      von Soden already notes that 865 is a 'dublette' or copy of 033.
      It shows von Soden's failure that he assigned the codices different groups: 033: none, 865: Ac, 213: Io, 799: Kx (Soden found it irrelevant to analyze 033 more closely, but he noted that 033 is closer to 01/B in John.

      mailto:wie@...