A new forum

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6, 2008
      I am currently experimenting a bit with forums software
      because I think that the internet is evolving and simple
      ASCII text messages are not state-of-the-art anymore.
      What I think is needed is a mixture of a mailing-list and a
      blog. I think that a forum is just that.

      Advantages:
      - You see all answers to your post immediately in the
      thread.
      - better organization (sub-forums)
      - many possibilities for customization
      - You can add images to your posts.
      - You can use Unicode letters (Greek, Hebrew...) in your
      posts.

      If you want to see how this looks, go to:

      http://www.tcg.iphpbb3.com

      When you are registered you can post.
      The forum is free, therefore you will see an add from time
      to time.

      This is just an experiment. I am not sure if it works.
      Try it, use it ...

      mailto:wie@...
      http://www.uni-bremen.de/~wie
      Textcritical Commentary:
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 7, 2008
        > TC-forum: http://www.tcg.iphpbb3.com

        People asked about RSS feeds for the new forum.
        Unfortunately this forum does not support RSS feeds.

        But there is another way:
        At the bottom of each sub-forum you can click on "Subscribe
        forum".
        Then you will get an email, whenever there is a new post.

        mailto:wie@...
        http://www.uni-bremen.de/~wie
        Textcritical Commentary: