Royse: Scribal Habits OUT!

    Message 1 of 1 , May 22, 2008
      Finally, finally, finally, I have it in my hands:

      "Scribal Habits in Early Greek New Testament Papyri"
      (New Testament Tools and Studies)
      von James R. Royse
      1051 pages
      Brill, 2008
      ISBN-10: 9004161813

      After a first glance, it makes a very scholarly impression. :-)
      It will take some time to digest it.
      The book is a complete revision and expansion of his original thesis.

      My immediate criticism is that he did not cite Bernhard Weiss sufficiently. He does not even mention "Textkritik der vier Evangelien", which basically is a "Scribal habits ..., first edition".
      But this is a minor thing.

      It will be an interesting read, especially his treatment of "the shorter reading ...".

      mailto:wie@...