New articles on P75

    Message 1 of 1 , May 13, 2008
      New articles on old fragments:

      "Fragments from the Cartonnage of P75"
      James M. Robinson
      HTR 101 (2008) 231-52

      This article completes information given in:

      "Papyrus Bodmer XIV-XV (P75)"
      M.-L. Lakmann
      Museum Helveticum 64 (2007) 22-41

      I already wondered how she was able to read those blackened
      parts. From Robinson's article we now know that the IR
      images taken at the British library during the conservation
      process are much better.
      Lakmann in her article is giving the uncleaned fragments =
      Bodmer photos, Robinson shows the cleaned papyri fragments =
      BL photos.
      Interesting!

      It should be noted though that Lakmann presents more
      fragments, not only those mentioned by Robinson.

      I have the two most important images here for a few days:
      http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/P75/

      On the textual side, the new variants we get are all minor
      ones. In 1985, when Robinson got the photos he sent copies
      to Alands group, who silently added the readings into the
      NA.

      Peter head also writes on this on the ETC blog:
      http://tinyurl.com/6q6nte

      P75 is now not in the Bodmer library anymore, but has been
      sold to the Vatican. Perhaps we can expect a new edition in
      a few years?

      A full set of P75 images (from the Bodmer volume) is
      available here:
      http://chrles.multiply.com/photos

      mailto:wie@...
      http://www.uni-bremen.de/~wie