Codex Alexandrinus

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 14, 2005
      Tigran Aivazian has made available two more scans:

      1. The Cowper/Woide transcription of the NT of 02 (1860)
      ftp://whi.wts.edu/bibles.org.uk/Alexandrinus-NT.pdf

      2. Facsimile of the OT of 02 (Probably Thompson, 1879)
      but only part 1 (Gen - Ruth)
      ftp://whi.wts.edu/bibles.org.uk/Alexandrinus-OT.pdf

      Beware:
      NT: 22 MB (7 min. on my university account)
      OT: 123 MB (40 min!)

      You can extract parts of the images with the snapshot tool in Adobe
      Reader and copy it into a Graphic program.

      Aivazian's full list of precious stuff:
      http://www.bibles.org.uk/pdf/bibles/00README.shtml

      THANKS!

      mailto:willker@...-bremen.de
    • Peter Head
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 14, 2005
        Thanks for the info

        >1. The Cowper/Woide transcription of the NT of 02 (1860)
        >ftp://whi.wts.edu/bibles.org.uk/Alexandrinus-NT.pdf

        Doing the original Woide would have been more useful. Cowper's
        representation doesn't seem to have much independent value.

        >2. Facsimile of the OT of 02 (Probably Thompson, 1879)
        > but only part 1 (Gen - Ruth)
        >ftp://whi.wts.edu/bibles.org.uk/Alexandrinus-OT.pdf

        This could be very useful, but the scan comes out way too dark to read it.
        Is there some simple way of adjusting brightness in adobe reader? Or could
        you advise this helpful person to check the brightness of his scans?

        Cheers

        Peter

        Peter M. Head, PhD
        Tyndale House
        36 Selwyn Gardens Phone: (UK) 01223
        566607
        Cambridge, CB3 9BA Fax: (UK) 01223 566608