RE: [textualcriticism] The forgotten MSS of Paris

    Message 1 of 7 , May 8, 2008
      > if someone on the list does and can put in a good word
      > for us, I would deeply appreciate it. Is anyone on the list
      > in good with the Bibliotheque nationale?

      That would be really nice!
      Paris seems to be something like a black hole for MSS.

      There are others I forgot to mention:

      Codex C/04
      MS 33
      MS 579

      and many more ... 22, 28, 0141 ...

      No modern study on any of them.

      mailto:wie@...
    • Daniel B. Wallace
      Message 2 of 7 , May 8, 2008
        I would think that the doctoral thesis on Ephraimi Rescriptus would count, as would Tom Geer's work on codex 33, wouldn't it?

        > > if someone on the list does and can put in a good word
        > for us, I would deeply appreciate it. Is anyone on the list
        > in good with the Bibliotheque nationale?

        That would be really nice!
        Paris seems to be something like a black hole for MSS.

        There are others I forgot to mention:

        Codex C/04
        MS 33
        MS 579

        and many more ... 22, 28, 0141 ...

        No modern study on any of them.

        mailto:wie@...

        ----- End Original Message -----
      • William Warren
        Message 3 of 7 , May 8, 2008
          Of course, P4 is there as well.  Philip Comfort had great success in getting access to P4, so perhaps he has a good contact there.  David Parker mentioned a few years back that a new study of C (04) was needed, with new photos especially.   David may have some contacts that would help you on this as well.

          paz,

          Bill Warren, Ph.D.

          On May 8, 2008, at 4:30 AM, Daniel B. Wallace wrote:

          I would think that the doctoral thesis on Ephraimi Rescriptus would count, as would Tom Geer's work on codex 33, wouldn't it?

          > > if someone on the list does and can put in a good word
          > for us, I would deeply appreciate it. Is anyone on the list
          > in good with the Bibliotheque nationale?

          That would be really nice!
          Paris seems to be something like a black hole for MSS.

          There are others I forgot to mention:

          Codex C/04
          MS 33
          MS 579

          and many more ... 22, 28, 0141 ...

          No modern study on any of them.

          mailto:wie@uni-bremen. de
          http://www.uni- bremen.de/ ~wie
          Textcritical commentary:
          http://www.uni- bremen.de/ ~wie/TCG/ index.html

          ----- End Original Message -----

          =
        • JAC PERRIN
          Message 4 of 7 , May 8, 2008
            Daniel,

            I had very good results from working with Christian Forstel in Paris last year.  He was very helpful.  He can be reached at this email address:

            BTW, if you get there, please do a new photograph of Gr. Ms 13 (Aland 13).

            Thanks,

            Jac Perrin