The forgotten MSS of Paris

    Message 1 of 7 , May 8, 2008
      A serious reminder:
      Paris has important MSS, that deserve in depth study.
      Perhaps someone is looking for a project?

      Codex L/019:
      No study since Tischendorf 1846

      Codex T/029:
      No serious study at all.

      Codex 070:
      No serious study at all.

      MS 892:
      No study since Harris 1890

      Digital Facsimiles would be great!

      mailto:wie@...
    • Daniel B. Wallace
      Message 2 of 7 , May 8, 2008
        Wieland, this is my sabbatical year and we're currently looking for sites that would be open to the Center for the Study of New Testament Manuscripts to come and digitally photograph their Greek NT MSS. I don't have any inside contacts with Paris, but if someone on the list does and can put in a good word for us, I would deeply appreciate it. Is anyone on the list in good with the Bibliotheque nationale? We would be available to photograph these manuscripts in March 2009. We just purchased a new camera--21 megapixels. And one of my students has been doing some serious study on Codex L. I'd appreciate any tips or leads that anyone can offer us. It can be a win-win situation, especially if we would be allowed to post the images on line.

        Sincerely,

        Daniel B. Wallace, PhD
        Executive Director
        www.csntm.org

        ----- End Original Message -----
        Message 3 of 7 , May 8, 2008
          > if someone on the list does and can put in a good word
          > for us, I would deeply appreciate it. Is anyone on the list
          > in good with the Bibliotheque nationale?

          That would be really nice!
          Paris seems to be something like a black hole for MSS.

          There are others I forgot to mention:

          Codex C/04
          MS 33
          MS 579

          and many more ... 22, 28, 0141 ...

          No modern study on any of them.

          mailto:wie@...
        • Daniel B. Wallace
          Message 4 of 7 , May 8, 2008
            I would think that the doctoral thesis on Ephraimi Rescriptus would count, as would Tom Geer's work on codex 33, wouldn't it?

            > > if someone on the list does and can put in a good word
            > for us, I would deeply appreciate it. Is anyone on the list
            > in good with the Bibliotheque nationale?

            That would be really nice!
            Paris seems to be something like a black hole for MSS.

            There are others I forgot to mention:

            Codex C/04
            MS 33
            MS 579

            and many more ... 22, 28, 0141 ...

            No modern study on any of them.

            mailto:wie@...

            ----- End Original Message -----
          • William Warren
            Message 5 of 7 , May 8, 2008
              Of course, P4 is there as well.  Philip Comfort had great success in getting access to P4, so perhaps he has a good contact there.  David Parker mentioned a few years back that a new study of C (04) was needed, with new photos especially.   David may have some contacts that would help you on this as well.

              paz,

              Bill Warren, Ph.D.

              On May 8, 2008, at 4:30 AM, Daniel B. Wallace wrote:

              I would think that the doctoral thesis on Ephraimi Rescriptus would count, as would Tom Geer's work on codex 33, wouldn't it?

              > > if someone on the list does and can put in a good word
              > for us, I would deeply appreciate it. Is anyone on the list
              > in good with the Bibliotheque nationale?

              That would be really nice!
              Paris seems to be something like a black hole for MSS.

              There are others I forgot to mention:

              Codex C/04
              MS 33
              MS 579

              and many more ... 22, 28, 0141 ...

              No modern study on any of them.

              mailto:wie@uni-bremen. de
              http://www.uni- bremen.de/ ~wie
              Textcritical commentary:
              http://www.uni- bremen.de/ ~wie/TCG/ index.html

              ----- End Original Message -----

              =
            • JAC PERRIN
              Message 6 of 7 , May 8, 2008
                Daniel,

                I had very good results from working with Christian Forstel in Paris last year.  He was very helpful.  He can be reached at this email address:

                BTW, if you get there, please do a new photograph of Gr. Ms 13 (Aland 13).

                Thanks,

                Jac Perrin