Two recent articles on the PA

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29 8:23 AM
      Jennifer Wright Knust
      "Early Christian Re-Writing and the History of the Pericope Adulterae"
      JECS 14 (2006) 485-536
      A very detailed article with many citations, thorough and accurate. Impressive! Focuses on the variability of the text, depending on its interpretation, some good points.
      I think every student should read it, to learn how to quote and to know and check their sources.
      Recommended!

      In contrast:

      J. Rius-Camps
      "The Pericope of the Adulteress reconsidered: The nomadic misfortunes of a bold pericope"
      NTS 53 (2007) 379-405
      I am wondering how this article made it through the referee process. :-)
      His theory: The PA was originally written by Mark and stood after Mk 12:12, then it was adopted by Luke and placed after Lk 20:19. Yes! Not only that. He is able to recover both versions. Fantastic!

      mailto:wie@...