Re: The Spear Thrust in Matt 27:49 v.l.

  • mjriii2003
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 5, 2008
      Mr. Leonard,

      The problem is one of method. You have posed a question and made an
      assertion. Neither are exegetically based/presented. If you had
      replied with something along the lines of: "Well, in the text of St.
      Matthew the use of PALIN before KRAXAS...", would have been a
      sufficient premise to interpret PALIN here within an historical
      context.

      So let's ask the question anyway. How many times did Jesus PALIN
      KRAXAS - throughout His condemnation? The narrative does not say
      (nor does it attempt to count all of them - whatever the number).
      Now I will pose a question. Do you think it was only twice?

      Even PALIN in St Matthew does not support this varia lectio at 27:49.

      Malcolm

      --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "feeite_christian"