TC Forum

  • Chris Skinner
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 12, 2005
      Greetings t-c listers!

      On January 7th and 8th we had a great time listening to the stimulating views of Dr. Michael W. Holmes of Bethel University and Dr. Maurice A. Robinson of Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary as they presented new research and differing positions on methodological approaches to NT textual criticism. Dr. Robinson - possibly the world's leading expert on the Pericope adulterae - presented special research on that topic. Dr. Holmes presented special research on what he calls 'the earliest commentary of the book of Romans' - something he has coming out in print later this year.

      All the sessions were recorded (7 sessions in all including an hour-long Q & A with Drs. Holmes and Robinson). Beginning January 17, 2005 we will making these recordings available for purchase along with the handouts and powerpoint presentations used during the conference. The cost will be $30 for the entire package. If you are interested, please reply to me at cskinner@... so that I will know how to begin planning for mass production. This is worth having on audio!!

      Warmest regards,
      Christopher W. Skinner

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Minton, Ron
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 13, 2005

        I want to say that the TC Forum was worth the trip to Baltimore .  Not only did I learn some things, but I have a higher regard for both Michael Holmes and Maurice Robinson.  It also made me appreciate Zunts more and now I am going back and read him again.  Many thanks to Chris Skinner and the folks at Perry Hall Baptist Church .  For the other list members, keep us abreast on such seminars in your area.

        Ron Minton