Re: [textualcriticism] TR vs CT variants

  • ron minton
    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 23, 2008
      Here is what we found in an extended study (ignore the aleph symbol).
      TR agrees with Maj.T   66.8%.
      TR agrees with M     13.3%.
      TR agrees with Mpt    8.2%.
      TR agrees with Aleph  א.      22.8%
      TR agrees with A     65.8%.
      TR agrees with B     16.7%.
      TR agrees with C     43.7%.
      TR stands alone        5.8%.
      TR א and B agree with Aleph  2.6%.

      Ron Minton

      On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 7:04 PM, Eddie Mishow <edmishoe@...> wrote:

      Does anyone know of a list of (significant) variants between the
      Textus Receptus and a Critical Text on the Internet? If you could
      kindly point me to the URL I'd be most thankful.

      Eddie Mishoe

      --
      Grace be with you,
      Ron Minton
      Message 2 of 18 , Mar 24, 2008
        Ron:

        You wrote:

        TR agrees with Maj.T 66.8%.

        Dr. Daniel Wallace found 1,838 variants between HF (a
        MajT) and TR (I gave wrong information last post and
        was properly corrected). I don't know what % that
        represents, but your % here has 33.2% variants between
        the two. Are these percents roughly the same? Sorry
        for my ignorance in this matter.

        Eddie Mishoe
        Pastor

        Be a better friend, newshound, and
      • Daniel Buck
        Message 3 of 18 , Mar 24, 2008
          We really should mention Michael Marlowe's own site, which can easily
          be read so as to give all the translatable variants between NA and TR:

          http://www.bible-researcher.com/guide.html

          Ross J Purdy <rossjpurdy@...> wrote:

          > Hi Eddie,
          >
          > Eddie Mishow wrote:
          > > Does anyone know of a list of (significant) variants between the
          > > Textus Receptus and a Critical Text on the Internet? If you could
          > > kindly point me to the URL I'd be most thankful.
          > >
          > Michael Marlowe lists the followinf site:
          > Varianten Textus receptus versus Nestle-Aland
          > By Dieter Zimmer. An extensive list of translatable variations
          between
          > the TR and the Nestle-Aland text, in German.
          > http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/translation/TR-
          Varianten/index.html
        • Schmuel
          Message 4 of 18 , Mar 25, 2008
            Hi Folks,

             Just as a review, we now have the following resources, after a couple of my new
            additions below, that give TR-NA differences throughout the NT, with approximate
            numbers.  Based on Waltz you can multiply Matthew by five and you will be perhaps
            10% under the total number.  Thus Michael Marlowe may have 3500 NT variants listed.

            Richard Wilson:
            More than half of the almost 8000 verses in the NT have at least one
            difference between the TR and the critical text.

            Richard's numbers would sound like 4500-5000 variants.
            And we know there are variant definitions of variants.

            http://www.bible-researcher.com/guide.html
            An English Guide to the Various Readings of the Greek New Testament
            Michael Marlowe
            650 in Matthew (3500)

            http://www.dtl.org/alt/main/variants.htm
            Textual Variants in the The New Testament - Gary F. Zeolla
            400+ in Matthew (2200) - significant in bold

            http://www.trinitarianbiblesociety.org/site/articles/a100.pdf
            A Textual Key to the New Testament - A list of Omissions and Changes
            George W. Anderson and Debra E. Anderson
            650 NT variants - More significant variants have *

            http://www.av1611.org/biblecom.html
            BIBLE VERSION COMPARISON by Terry Watkins
            300+ NT variants - looks at 7 versions
            (some differences are translational, not textual)

            http://www.scionofzion.com/kjv_1611_yahoo.htm
            KJV 1611 Yahoo Group Verse Posts - Ken Matto
            200 NT variants
            10+ version texts, TR and W-H Greek, a smidgen of MSS,  and pro-TR-KJB commentary

            http://av1611.com/kjbp/charts/themagicmarker.html
            Would you take a magic marker to your Bible and cross out words from passages?
            Brandon Staggs
            180 NT variants, emphasis on significant and obvious omissions in CT
            when compared to TR/KJB

            These resources do not necessarily have an easy way to determine whether
            they fit the TR/CT category.  However each one has its own value-added.

            http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/TCG/index.html
             An Online Textual Commentary on the Greek Gospels  - Wieland Willker

            http://www.skypoint.com/~waltzmn/MostUncertain.html
            Highly Uncertain Variants - Robert Waltz
            1000 variants 180 Matthew

            http://bible.ovc.edu/terry/tc/index.htm
            A Student's Guide to New Testament Textual Variants - Bruce Terry
            100 in Mathew

            In this post I am not including any links to sites where you navigate verse-by-verse,
            like Laparola, Zhubert, Münster.

            Shalom,
            Steven Avery

          • ron minton
            Message 5 of 18 , Mar 25, 2008
              We examined all the variants in USB 3&4, NA26&27, and HF1&2.  That is likely why we had more than the others.
              Ron

              On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 10:44 AM, Eddie Mishoe <edmishoe@...> wrote:

              Ron:

              You wrote:

              TR agrees with Maj.T 66.8%.

              Dr. Daniel Wallace found 1,838 variants between HF (a
              MajT) and TR (I gave wrong information last post and
              was properly corrected). I don't know what % that
              represents, but your % here has 33.2% variants between
              the two. Are these percents roughly the same? Sorry
              for my ignorance in this matter.

              Eddie Mishoe
              Pastor

              Be a better friend, newshound, and

              Grace be with you,
              Ron Minton
              240-432-8925 until May 20, 2008
              240-949-2653 after May 20
              www.ron.minton.name
            • William Rodriguez-Claudio
              Message 6 of 18 , Mar 26, 2008
                Anybody knows it this kind of resources exists for Spanish versions (ReinaValera (RV60 or RV95), La Biblia de las Américas (LBLA), Nueva Versión Internacional (NVI), Dios Habla Hoy (DHH), etc?

                Willie Rodríguez-Claudio
                P.O. Box 505
                Caguas, PR 00726-0505