Total Variants per Edition

  • Eddie Mishoe
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 22, 2008
      In an article of a few years back, Kent Clarke listed
      a total of 1,437 total variants in the UBSGNT4. Does
      anyone know the total variants (alternate readings)
      for the following editions:

      1. Nestle-Aland 27

      2. Robinson-Pierpont 2005

      According to Dr. Wallace, there are 1,838 differences
      between the Robinson-Pierpont and the TR, and 6,577
      differences between the Robinson-Pierpont and the
      Critical Text. Anyone have different numbers?

      Eddie Mishoe
      Pastor

      Looking for last minute shopping deals?
    • Daniel B. Wallace
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 23, 2008
        Actually, my count of 6577 differences was for the Hodges-Farstad Majority Text vs. the NA27/UBS4. The 1838 was the difference between HF and the TR that they used which is not necessarily the one that others use (the 1873 Oxford). I haven't done any count on the Robinson-Pierpont in relation to the critical text.

        ----- End Original Message -----