Re: [textualcriticism] Re: Script help

  • George F Somsel
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 16, 2008
      I don't seem to be able to locate these through my regular sources.  Do you know where they can be obtained?

      george
      gfsomsel

      … search for truth, hear truth,
      defend the truth till death.

      - Jan Hus
      _________

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 17, 2008
        Hi George,

        You may well have trouble locating these. I got mine at the 1997
        Oxford Papyrology Summer School. Someone brought a box of them from
        London, I think.

        My only suggestion is to contact the publisher:

        http://icls.sas.ac.uk/

        You might have better luck finding the first edition of Turner's Greek
        Manuscripts of the Ancient World.

        I found this bibliography, which looks excellent:

        http://scriptorium.lib.duke.edu/papyrus/texts/bibliography.html

        <gfsomsel@...> wrote:

        > I don't seem to be able to locate these through my regular sources.
        Do you know where they can be obtained?

        > george
        > gfsomsel
        >
        > … search for truth, hear truth,
        > defend the truth till death.
        >
        > - Jan Hus
        > _________

      • Kent Clarke
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 21, 2008

          Hi All:

          Regarding Greek Palaeography, you can find both the 1893 and 1912 editions of Maunde Thompson’s classic work, “An Introduction to Greek & Latin Palaeography” at the following link.

          http://www.archive.org/details/greeklatin00thomuoft

          Enjoy!

          Warm Regards;

          Kent

          Kent D. Clarke (Ph.D. Bristol)

          Brooke Foss Westcott Professor of New Testament

          Textual Criticism, Greek Studies, and Hermeneutics

          Trinity Western University

          Seal Kap House

          7600 Glover Road

          Langley, British Columbia