Vulgata

  • James Spinti
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 16, 2007
      I got a chance to look at the new Vulgata today. According to the title page, it is an actual fifth edition.

      HTH,
      James

      ________________________________
      James Spinti
      Marketing Director, Book Sales Division
      Eisenbrauns, Good books for over 30 years
      jspinti at eisenbrauns dot com
      Web:
      http://www.eisenbrauns.com
      Phone: 574-269-2011 ext 226
      Fax: 574-269-6788
    • Peter Gurry
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 18, 2007
        And this is not the edition listed on the German Bible Society website? Is there somewhere I can order the new 5th edition online?

        Peter

        --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "James Spinti" <jspinti@...> wrote:

        > I got a chance to look at the new Vulgata today. According to the title page, it is an actual fifth edition.
        >
        > HTH,
        > James
        >
        > ________________________________
        > James Spinti
        > Marketing Director, Book Sales Division
        > Eisenbrauns, Good books for over 30 years
        > Specializing in Ancient Near Eastern and Biblical Studies
        > jspinti at eisenbrauns dot com
        > Web: http://www.eisenbrauns.com <https://hplh301/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.eisenbrauns.com>
        > Phone: 574-269-2011 ext 226
        > Fax: 574-269-6788

      • James Spinti
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 26, 2007
          Message
          Peter,

          Sorry for the delay in responding; I was at AAR/SBL and didn't have access to all my e-mail. I am not sure what GBS is listing, but I looked at the title page of the Vulgata, and it clearly said 5th edition. The description on the GBS website doesn't seem to match what they say for an edition number; you might want to ask them for clarification if you are considering buying it from them.

          I will have some copies of the 5th edition before the end of the week:

          HTH,
          James