Re: Which Vulgate edition for TC?

  • idou747
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 12, 2007
      Yes, that's the one you want. It has a critical text with apparatus.

      --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Gurry" <uspatriot@...> wrote:

      > Hello all,
      >
      > I'm looking to purchase a Vulgate soon, but I'm not familiar with the
      > available options for Latin Bibles. I'm looking for the Old and New
      > Testaments and the most up-to-date text and apparatus. What should I
      > get? The newest edition I've found on scholarly-bibles.org
      > <http://www.scholarly-bibles.com/en/products/originaltexts.html?show_pag\
      > e=3&product_show=44>
      > <http://www.scholarly-bibles.com/en/products/originaltexts.html?show_pag\
      > e=3&product_show=44> is the 4th corrected edition
      > <http://www.scholarly-bibles.com/en/products/originaltexts.html?show_pag\
      > e=3&product_show=44> by R. Gryson, B. Fischer, H.I. Frede, H.F.D.
      > Sparks, and W. Thiele. Is that what I should be getting? My main purpose
      > in getting this is text-critical, if that helps. Thanks so much.
      >
      > Peter

    • Chris Weimer
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 12, 2007
        Count me in as another interested in the 5th edition. I have the
        fourth edition already, I wonder what changes would be made to the
        text, or if it will be just be the app crit additions in Ruth, Isaiah,
        and Revelation...

        Chris Weimer

        --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "James Spinti" <jspinti@...>
        wrote:

        > Peter,
        >
        > According to my sales rep at ABS, there is a 5th edition coming out very
        > soon. Theoretically, it was supposed to be available in October, but I
        > haven't see it yet. The apparatus has been updated on Ruth, Isaiah, and
        > Revelation.
        >
        > If there is a more detailed edition, I am not aware of it--but would
        > love to know!
        >
        > I am hoping to find out more about the status of the 5th edition at
        > AAR/SBL this week.
        >
        > James
      • Peter Gurry
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 13, 2007
          James,

          Do you know if this is an actual fifth edition, or is this really just
          the 4th revised edition as listed on scholarly-bibles.com? Let me know
          when you find out more. I'm looking to ask for a Vulgate for Christmas
          and I'd like to get the most recent.

          Peter

          wrote:

          > I just received a flier in the mail today from ABS saying that they
          will
          > have copies available at both ETS and AAR/SBL in their booth. I am
          > therefore assuming that I will be getting them in here at Eisenbrauns
          in
          > the next few days...
          >
          > HTH,
          > James
          >
          > ________________________________
          > James Spinti
          > Marketing Director, Book Sales Division
          > Eisenbrauns, Good books for more than 30 years
          > Specializing in Ancient Near Eastern and Biblical Studies
          > jspinti at eisenbrauns dot com
          > Web: http://www.eisenbrauns.com <http://www.eisenbrauns.com/>
          > Phone: 574-269-2011 ext 226
          > Fax: 574-269-6788

        • James Spinti
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 14, 2007
            I am leaving for AAR/SBL tomorrow, and on Friday I will be able to
            physically have one in my hands. It is SUPPOSED to be an actual new
            edition, but I will try to post to the list what I find out--if I can
            get Internet access.

            James