Online Codex Vaticanus and Sinaiticus

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 10, 2005
      Well, better than nothing:
      http://www.moses.uklinux.net/pdf/Codex-Vaticanus-NT.pdf
      (safe the file!)

      On this edition from 1868 M. Marlow has the following comment in his
      excellent TC bibliography (http://www.bible-researcher.com/bib-v.html):

      "A typographical facsimile of the Codex Vaticanus was presented here,
      for the benefit of scholars who wished to study its text directly. The
      text is more accurate than that of Tischendorf 1867, which was produced
      under the absurd condition, imposed by the Vatican, that he should be
      allowed to see the manuscript for only three hours a day for two weeks.
      In exchange for this favour, Tischendorf gave Vercellone a set of the
      excellent facsimile type that he had used in publishing the Codex
      Sinaiticus (see Tischendorf 1862), with which Vercellone then produced
      this Vaticanus facsimile. On the basis of it Tischendorf issued some
      corrections to his own edition in Appendix Novi Testamenti Vaticani
      (Leipsig, 1869), where he also severely criticizes Cozza and Vercellone
      for failing to distinguish early from late marginal annotations of the
      manuscript. Further criticism from Tischendorf appeared in Responsa ad
      Calumnias Romanas &c. (1870)."

      Ah, btw. the site has also Codex Sinaiticus by Kirsopp Lake (1911):
      http://www.bibles.org.uk/pdf/scanned/GreekNT/Codex-Sinaiticus.pdf
      (this one should be consulted together with Tischendorf's edition,
      online at the "TC Ebind Index".

      I cannot give any credits, because the site is anonymous.

      mailto:willker@...-bremen.de
    • Taras N. Dyatlik
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 10, 2005
        Dear Mr. Willker, this site belongs to Tigran Aivazian (you may chek this name on the Internet :) as far as I understand. He also runs the list [bookoflife] (bookoflife@...). All the best from on High, Taras Dyatlik.