Forum on Textual Criticism

  • Chris Skinner
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2005
      Hello again fellow T-C List members,

      I am writing with one last reminder of the Perry Hall Theological Forum on New Testament Textual Criticism featuring Dr. Michael Holmes of Bethel University and Seminary and Dr. Maurice Robinson of Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. The forum will be held Friday, January 7th from 7-9 PM and Saturday, January 8th from 9 AM to 4 PM. (The location for the event is Perry Hall Baptist Church, Baltimore, MD, USA.)  After presenting preliminary issues important to the study of New Testament Textual Criticism (the first night), Drs. Holmes and Robinson will present special research as well as advocate the position each holds regarding NTTC methodology. Dr. Holmes will present a case for "reasoned eclecticism" while Dr. Robinson presents the case for "Byzantine priority."

      Books by the authors will be on sale at discounted prices AND Dr. Robinson will have an advanced copy of the NEW Robinson-Pierpont Majority Text for attendees to view. Also, all sessions will be recorded on CD and will be available for purchase the week after the conference.

      For prices, schedules and a sample program of the event, go to http://www.perryhallbaptist.org/perry_hall_theological_forum.htm  and for any questions, comments, etc. you can contact me at cskinner@...

      Hope you can attend. If you cannot, I hope you will spread the word to those who can attend.

      Warmest regards,

      Christopher W. Skinner
      Pastor of Discipleship and Evangelism
      Perry Hall Baptist Church