Re: [textualcriticism] Scrivener's Plain Introduction for download

  • Peter M. Head
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 12, 2007
      Thanks Reid,

      I'd be more excited by the fourth edition which is much fuller.

      Cheers

      Peter

      At 16:32 11/10/2007, you wrote:
      >List,
      >
      >I just noticed that F.H.A. Scrivener's A Plain Introduction to the
      >Criticism of the New Testament is available for download (PDF format)
      >here:
      >
      >http://books.google.com/books?
      >id=6pOl5kos2O0C&pg=PA139&dq=scrivener#PPA1,M1
      >
      >What a classic resource, and free!
      >
      >Reid Lindner
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

      Peter M. Head, PhD
      Tyndale House
      36 Selwyn Gardens
      Cambridge CB3 9BA
      01223 566601
    • Jan Krans
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 12, 2007
        See Microsoft Live Search Books for the fourth edition (http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=scrivener+plain&go=&form=QBRE&scope=books#q=scrivener%20plain&t=ZPnrZTUoMwGO1lqfYIU2QA) (or better http://tinyurl.com/3b4vt3).
        Also downloadable, and it remains searchable as PDF (mind the OCR quality, however).
        Greetings, Jan Krans

        At 16:32 11/10/2007, you wrote:
        >List,
        >
        >I just noticed that F.H.A. Scrivener's A Plain Introduction to the
        >Criticism of the New Testament is available for download (PDF format)
        >here:
        >
        >http://books. google.com/ books?
        >id=6pOl5kos2O0C& pg=PA139& dq=scrivener# PPA1,M1
        >
        >What a classic resource, and free!
        >
        >Reid Lindner
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

        Peter M. Head, PhD
        Tyndale House
        36 Selwyn Gardens
        Cambridge CB3 9BA
        01223 566601

      • Ph. Maertens
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 12, 2007
          Dear Peter,

          you might be interested in this link .

          In the window "view the book" click on FTP and then select the format to download (right click + save as)
          Personnaly I prefer Djvu instead of PDF.

          You can also access the page from http://www.archive.org and search with "scrivener" There are several books available.
          This is a great site with lots of "oldies but goodies"

          have a nice weekend

          Philip Maertens
          Algarve, Portugal

          At 16:32 11/10/2007, you wrote:
          >List,
          >
          >I just noticed that F.H.A. Scrivener's A Plain Introduction to the
          >Criticism of the New Testament is available for download (PDF format)
          >here:
          >
          >http://books. google.com/ books?
          >id=6pOl5kos2O0C& pg=PA139& dq=scrivener# PPA1,M1
          >
          >What a classic resource, and free!
          >
          >Reid Lindner
          >

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

          Peter M. Head, PhD