Scrivener's Plain Introduction for download

  • Reid Lindner
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 11, 2007
      List,

      I just noticed that F.H.A. Scrivener's A Plain Introduction to the
      Criticism of the New Testament is available for download (PDF format)
      here:

      http://books.google.com/books?
      id=6pOl5kos2O0C&pg=PA139&dq=scrivener#PPA1,M1

      What a classic resource, and free!

      Reid Lindner
    • Peter M. Head
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 12, 2007
        Thanks Reid,

        I'd be more excited by the fourth edition which is much fuller.

        Cheers

        Peter

        At 16:32 11/10/2007, you wrote:
        >List,
        >
        >I just noticed that F.H.A. Scrivener's A Plain Introduction to the
        >Criticism of the New Testament is available for download (PDF format)
        >here:
        >
        >http://books.google.com/books?
        >id=6pOl5kos2O0C&pg=PA139&dq=scrivener#PPA1,M1
        >
        >What a classic resource, and free!
        >
        >Reid Lindner
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

        Peter M. Head, PhD
        Tyndale House
        36 Selwyn Gardens
        Cambridge CB3 9BA
        01223 566601
      • Jan Krans
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 12, 2007
          See Microsoft Live Search Books for the fourth edition (http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=scrivener+plain&go=&form=QBRE&scope=books#q=scrivener%20plain&t=ZPnrZTUoMwGO1lqfYIU2QA) (or better http://tinyurl.com/3b4vt3).
          Also downloadable, and it remains searchable as PDF (mind the OCR quality, however).
          Greetings, Jan Krans

          At 16:32 11/10/2007, you wrote:
          >List,
          >
          >I just noticed that F.H.A. Scrivener's A Plain Introduction to the
          >Criticism of the New Testament is available for download (PDF format)
          >here:
          >
          >http://books. google.com/ books?
          >id=6pOl5kos2O0C& pg=PA139& dq=scrivener# PPA1,M1
          >
          >What a classic resource, and free!
          >
          >Reid Lindner
          >

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

          Peter M. Head, PhD
          Tyndale House
          36 Selwyn Gardens
          Cambridge CB3 9BA
          01223 566601

        • Ph. Maertens
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 12, 2007
            Dear Peter,

            you might be interested in this link .

            In the window "view the book" click on FTP and then select the format to download (right click + save as)
            Personnaly I prefer Djvu instead of PDF.

            You can also access the page from http://www.archive.org and search with "scrivener" There are several books available.
            This is a great site with lots of "oldies but goodies"

            have a nice weekend

            Philip Maertens
            Algarve, Portugal

            At 16:32 11/10/2007, you wrote:
            >List,
            >
            >I just noticed that F.H.A. Scrivener's A Plain Introduction to the
            >Criticism of the New Testament is available for download (PDF format)
            >here:
            >
            >http://books. google.com/ books?
            >id=6pOl5kos2O0C& pg=PA139& dq=scrivener# PPA1,M1
            >
            >What a classic resource, and free!
            >
            >Reid Lindner
            >

            >Yahoo! Groups Links

            Peter M. Head, PhD