A request for objections to a new? Bezan hypothesis (assessment)
Dear List, For some decades, I have been grappling with the W-H "Western non-Interpolations" relationship with Codex Bezae Cantabrigiensis. The last several years, I have been pondering over D.C. Parker's Codex Bezae ed. 1992. I find particularly intriguing his treatment of the correctors.
My appeal to the TC list - is: what would be, or were? - the objections to the notion of
1. The provenance of the composition of Bezae being Lyons ?
2. About the late 300s?
3. Being a third or forth generation conflated copy of an exemplar?
4. Which would have been Bishop Pothinus' personal "collection"?
5. Brought with him from Asia Minor ?
6. Originating about 125?
7. Maintaining a text contrary to Irenaeius' preferences because of the Christian community reverence for their first leader?
If would be respondents would prefer private communication, I would also welcome that.
Gratefully, George Eller Jacksonville Florida USA