A request for objections to a new? Bezan hypothesis (assessment)

  • clearbrush
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2007

        Dear List,  For some decades, I have been grappling with the W-H "Western non-Interpolations" relationship with Codex Bezae Cantabrigiensis.   The last several years, I have been pondering over D.C. Parker's Codex Bezae ed. 1992.  I find particularly intriguing his treatment of the correctors.

        My appeal to the TC list - is: what would be, or were? - the objections to the notion of –

      1.      The provenance of the composition of Bezae being Lyons ?

      2.       About the late 300s?

      3.       Being a third or forth generation conflated copy of an exemplar?

      4.       Which would have been Bishop Pothinus' personal "collection"?

      5.       Brought with him from Asia Minor ?

      6.       Originating about 125?

      7.       Maintaining a text contrary to Irenaeius' preferences because of the Christian community reverence for their first leader?

        If would be respondents would prefer private communication, I would also welcome that.

        Gratefully,    George Eller   Jacksonville Florida     USA