Book Recommendations Needed

  • Matt Williams
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 25 9:14 AM
      Hello All,

      I am currently starting work on my Masters Thesis. I am looking at scribal patterns and
      omissions in Codex Sinaiticus. I am looking for any good books (preferably modern ones, as
      in post-1940's) that discuss scribal habits, or Codex Sinaiticus in particular. Any help would
      be greatly appreciated.

      Sincerely,

      Matt Williams
    • Jeffrey Volkmer
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 26 1:44 AM
        Dear Matt, I think an obvious place to start would be Dirk Jongkind's outstanding recent publication, /Scribal Habits of Codex Sinaiticus/, Texts and Studies Third Series 5 (Gorgias Press, 2007).

        Best of luck,
        Jeff

        In message <fdbc4f+al2s@...> textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com writes:
        > Hello All,
        >
        > I am currently starting work on my Masters Thesis. I am looking at scribal patterns and
        > omissions in Codex Sinaiticus. I am looking for any good books (preferably modern ones, as
        > in post-1940's) that discuss scribal habits, or Codex Sinaiticus in particular. Any help would
        > be greatly appreciated.
        >
        > Sincerely,
        >
        > Matt Williams

      • William Warren
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 26 3:39 AM
          Matt, I suspect you'll get this reply from several sources, but a solid study of this subject was recently done by Dirk Jongkind and has been published by Gorgias Press (earlier this year).  The title of his work is "The Scribal Habits of Codex Sinaiticus" under ISBN # 978-1593334222.

          paz,

          Bill Warren

          On Sep 25, 2007, at 11:14 AM, Matt Williams wrote:

          Hello All,

          I am currently starting work on my Masters Thesis. I am looking at scribal patterns and
          omissions in Codex Sinaiticus. I am looking for any good books (preferably modern ones, as
          in post-1940's) that discuss scribal habits, or Codex Sinaiticus in particular. Any help would
          be greatly appreciated.

          Sincerely,

          Matt Williams

          =
        • Matthew Williams
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 28 8:11 AM
            Greetings,

            Thank you all for the recommendations.  The library at our Seminary is going to try and get a hold of Jongkind's book for me.  If there are any other books that come to mind I'd appreciate the input.

            Sincerely,

            Matt Williams
            MABS Student
            Multnomah Biblical Seminary