Re: Hebrews

  • David Thiele
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 12, 2007
      --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Ross" <BillRoss@...>
      wrote:

      > Does anyone have a lowdown on textual issues in the book of
      Hebrews? I'm
      > mostly interested in 1:3, but I would like any overview on the text
      if
      > someone knows where that may be found.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Bill Ross

      Bill,

      For a survey of textual issues in Hebrews you could check out
      - F. F. Bruce, "Textual Problems in the Epistle to the Hebrews," in
      Scribes and Scripture, ed. D. A. Black (Winona Luake, Ind.:
      Eidenbrauns, 1995), 224-235.

      A much early work dealing with one specific manuscript was
      - F. W. Beare, "The Text of the Epistle to the Hebrews in P46,"
      Journal of Biblical Literature 83 (1944), 379-96.

      There are several articles dealing with particlar variants but I am
      not familiar with anything on Heb 1:3 specifically.

      Regards

      David Thiele
      Pacific Adventist University
      Papua New Guinea