- Does anyone have a lowdown on textual issues in the book of Hebrews? I'm
mostly interested in 1:3, but I would like any overview on the text if
someone knows where that may be found.
- Dr. Mark Tagami recently completed a PhD dissertation on family 1739 in Hebrews and collated 50 mss of Hebrews in the process. If you'd like to contact him, send me an e-mail off-list and I'll get you his e-mail. As for Heb. 1:3, I'm sending you a pdf file with our info off-list.=On Sep 12, 2007, at 11:41 AM, Bill Ross wrote:
- --- In email@example.com, "Bill Ross" <BillRoss@...>
> Does anyone have a lowdown on textual issues in the book of
> mostly interested in 1:3, but I would like any overview on the textif
> someone knows where that may be found.Bill,
> Bill Ross
For a survey of textual issues in Hebrews you could check out
- F. F. Bruce, "Textual Problems in the Epistle to the Hebrews," in
Scribes and Scripture, ed. D. A. Black (Winona Luake, Ind.:
Eidenbrauns, 1995), 224-235.
A much early work dealing with one specific manuscript was
- F. W. Beare, "The Text of the Epistle to the Hebrews in P46,"
Journal of Biblical Literature 83 (1944), 379-96.
There are several articles dealing with particlar variants but I am
not familiar with anything on Heb 1:3 specifically.
Pacific Adventist University
Papua New Guinea