Hebrews

  • Bill Ross
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 12, 2007
      Does anyone have a lowdown on textual issues in the book of Hebrews? I'm
      mostly interested in 1:3, but I would like any overview on the text if
      someone knows where that may be found.

      Thanks,

      Bill Ross
    • William Warren
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 12, 2007
        Dr. Mark Tagami recently completed a PhD dissertation on family 1739 in Hebrews and collated 50 mss of Hebrews in the process.  If you'd like to contact him, send me an e-mail off-list and I'll get you his e-mail.  As for Heb. 1:3, I'm sending you a pdf file with our info off-list.

        paz,

        Bill Warren

        On Sep 12, 2007, at 11:41 AM, Bill Ross wrote:

        Does anyone have a lowdown on textual issues in the book of Hebrews? I'm
        mostly interested in 1:3, but I would like any overview on the text if
        someone knows where that may be found.

        Thanks,

        Bill Ross

        =
      • David Thiele
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 12, 2007
          --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Ross" <BillRoss@...>
          wrote:

          > Does anyone have a lowdown on textual issues in the book of
          Hebrews? I'm
          > mostly interested in 1:3, but I would like any overview on the text
          if
          > someone knows where that may be found.
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Bill Ross

          Bill,

          For a survey of textual issues in Hebrews you could check out
          - F. F. Bruce, "Textual Problems in the Epistle to the Hebrews," in
          Scribes and Scripture, ed. D. A. Black (Winona Luake, Ind.:
          Eidenbrauns, 1995), 224-235.

          A much early work dealing with one specific manuscript was
          - F. W. Beare, "The Text of the Epistle to the Hebrews in P46,"
          Journal of Biblical Literature 83 (1944), 379-96.

          There are several articles dealing with particlar variants but I am
          not familiar with anything on Heb 1:3 specifically.

          Regards

          David Thiele
          Pacific Adventist University
          Papua New Guinea